Special Loans Coordinator
Full Time | Buffalo, NY
The Special Loans Analyst is responsible for the daily Special Loans activities to ensure investor and borrower needs are satisfied and there is accurate processing of loan and transaction activity. This includes Daily Simple Interest (DSI) loans, Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMS), Balloons, and Modifications (MODS), and other detailed research required for escalated loans. You'll be providing compassionate customer care focused on the following servicing areas:
DSI Loan Management
- Review and verify histories received from prior servicer records – emphasis on Interest due and owing, and interest paid to dates.
- Assist with the setup of differed interest parameters within MSP.
- Complete reconciliations as needed and a spot basis regarding loan level interest charges and deferments .
- Review and verify histories received from prior servicer and complete an ARM audit on all loans to activate workstation.
- Create and implement ARM plans on the MSP System.
- Input of the interest rate indexes on MSP.
- Complete reconciliations as needed and a spot basis regarding loan level ARM charges.
- Ensures ARM adjustment notifications are accurate and mailed timely.
- Identify all Balloon mortgages and ensure established correctly within MSP workstation.
- Create a plan to inform customers of the pending balloon payment 12-18 months in advance.
- Work with loss mitigation and Mortgage Direct team to assist the customer throughout the time leading up to the call period.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing distressed assets and resolution. Seasoned expertise in bankruptcy, foreclosure, loan modifications and asset sales.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully lead, advise, and coach others.
- Excellent negotiating and contracting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to digest large amounts of detail, analyze complex rules and regulations, and translate into policy and strategy
- Experience recommending and establishing policies with financial and risk implications for an organization
- Bachelors Degree with minimum 4 years experience in mortgage banking with an emphasis on special loan products.