Special Loans Analyst
Full Time | Chicago, IL
Perform assigned functions within Special Loans Department in a timely and accurate manner, while ensuring compliance with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Duties may include, but are not limited to, reviewing loans based on investor requirements, reviewing and responding to interdepartmental and external payment research and disputes. In addition, the special Loans Specialist is expected to assist with special projects and provide support where required as volumes and needs dictate. This position works closely Servicing Departments to research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Oversee Front Office and Reception area
- Provide back-up support to the CEO’s Executive Assistant and special projects support to the HR Administrator
- Populates ARM indices into the servicing system with current rates and date range for correlating index.
- Runs scheduled ARM changes, generates notices, and ensures payment changes are correctly updated.
- Audits loan information in the system against the loan documents using Notes, ARM Riders, Mortgages, and Modifications.
- Performs ARM & HELOC loan audits to ensure all data elements are setup correctly and the correct contract and index are assigned to the loans. Resolves exceptions and processes system corrections within the ARM Loan Workstation.
- Mange setup and audit monthly DMDC report for loans eligible of protection under the SCRA guidelines. Review the active orders (or DMDC report) and origination date to identify the type of protection allowed. Process system changes using the Military Service Relief Workstation and ensure that all active and end dates are accurate and eligibility correlates to the protections reflecting on system.
- Monitors HAMP modifications for PRA, borrower incentives and recast eligibility, and makes system changes as needed.
- Manages Balloon loan setup and monitors loan expiration dates and the generation of the required notifications.
- Performs monthly scripting to generate monthly billing statements as needed and works closely with other LOBs to ensure all statement types are sent timely and within regulatory guidelines.
- Audit delinquency calculations for the generation of Verification of Debt notices sent on newly acquired loans.
- Performs Late Charge loan level reconciliation to ensure accounts are updated appropriately and calculation elements are in line with state and investor requirements.
- Research loans, identify error or process deficiency, notify management if deficiency in process, update or correct system, accordingly, send out required notifications of changes, and provide timely response received from auditors, investors or internal inquiries.
- Identifies updates required to existing policies and procedures as needed.
- Complete Recast (or re-amortization) for loans with a curtailment applied
- Service business purpose loans funded with multiple properties as collateral. Each with different servicing criteria tied to the loans and numerous requirements associated with a number of servicing factors
- Business Acumen
- Finance and Accounting Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication and Interpersonal Competency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Customer Focused
- Data and Problem Solving Analytics
- Organization and Time Management
- Proficient in use of sales and office software
- This is largely a sedentary role, with general requirements that would entail the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bend, stand, and stoop.
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience
- MSP loan servicing system experience preferred
- Exhibits excellent communication skills
- Exhibits kind, personable manner and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time in fast-paced environment; quick thinker
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Able to work independently
- Professional in demeanor and in interactions with others
- Ability to stay very organized and follow a developed process.
- Extremely detailed-oriented and able to juggle many projects at one time
- Proficient with Office Suite,
- Intermediate skill at Excel
- Ability to be a team player and collaborate effectively
- Full time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday, typically 8:30 to 5:00 with flexibility on start and end times allowed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- AHP Servicing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.