Chief Accounting Officer
Full Time | Chicago, IL
With a huge trajectory for growth in the mortgage and real estate services industry, AHP Inc. seeks a Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) to oversee enterprise accounting functions on a global scale. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the CAO will partner with the Executive Leadership team and deliver excellence in financial reporting, accounting policy and compliance. AHP Inc.’s ideal accounting leader will drive organizational transformation, thought leadership and deliver innovative business processes through automation.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Lead the global accounting teams in development, implementation and oversight of enterprise-wide accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Oversight, direction and review of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Work in tandem with the CFO to determine accounting, acquisition and material business activities
- Assess current state and drive business improvement by developing repeatable processes and automation
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive Leadership team concerning financial performance improvement, risk and for long-term and short-term objectives
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to be used by accounting management for internal reporting purposes
- Responsible for providing guidance and working cross-functionally with Financial Planning & Analysis and other organizations reporting to the CFO regarding training and guidance of SEC regulation changes, etc.
- Office or Remote
- Occasional as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; MBA or Master of Accountancy preferred
- CPA required and prior public accounting experience in the Mortgage Industry
- Expert knowledge of financial policies and processes, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Prior leadership of Financial Reporting and/or as a Controller
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- AHP Servicing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.