Vice President of Information Technology
Full Time | Chicago, IL (or Remote)
The Vice President of Information Technology (VP IT) will lead the commitment to support and promote the strategic use of information technology that advances the overall mission of AHP. The VPIT will lead and manage the Information Technology Services department, including computing, networking, support services, programming services, and telecommunications.Their duties include assessing current processes, recommending software upgrades, and directing the executive team on the best processes
- Chief Technology Officer
Primary Duties & Tasks
- Conducts ongoing assessment, planning and oversight of the proper management of all AHP technology and daily service delivery.
- Develops and maintains an IT organizational structure designed to meet AHP needs and demands, assessing and identifying the most cost-effective investment of financial resources toward IT systems, staffing, daily operations, product purchases and/or in-house development activities
- Collaborateswith members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
- Championsbudget process in partnership with Finance for AHP technology needs.
- Identifies new IS developments and technologies; anticipates resulting organizational modifications.
- Ensures that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the company’s computing, data processing, and communications needs.
- Maintains the integrity and strategic development of the AHP's information and communications infrastructure, and the systems infrastructure for mission critical functions.
- Communicates goals, projects, and timelines of the company to the department; plans ways to execute those goals within the department.
- Participates in strategic and operational planning committees
- Establishes long-term IS needs and plans and develops strategies for developing systems and acquiring software and hardware necessary to meet those needs.
- Assists as top-level contact for end users in determining IS requirements and/or solutions.
- Establishes and/or collaborates with the IT team to establish IT department goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations that apply to systems operations.
- Maintains strong vendor relationships and manages contract and service agreements.
- Ensures the security of IT systems and ensures operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversees projects and assignments within the Information Systems (IS) department.
- Leads efficient operation of the team so that prompt modernization and upgrades of IS are performed as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Thorough understanding of information technology and information technology systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- InformationTechnology,or related field.
- Office environment; will be sitting, standing, walking, lifting, etc
- Up to 30%, domestic
- Full Time
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.