Technical Support (Level 2)
Full Time | Chicago, IL
As a member of the AHP Servicing Technology team, the Technical Support (Level 2) role will provide detailed, high-quality support to our internal customers – specifically in the areas of analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving end user requests related to computer and software challenges. In addition, this position requires close interaction with senior level Engineers developing broader solutions that benefit the organization as a whole.
To be successful, this position requires a person who is proactive, asks questions that lead to the underlying issues, meets deadlines and communicates effectively.
This cross-functional, role requires interaction with a range of internal customers and stakeholders, as well as the day-to-day management of various technical support tickets simultaneously.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proactively manage, solve issues submitted to internal Help Desk queue
- Investigate, troubleshoot and solve requests related to:
- Desktops & Laptops
- User Applications
- VOIP support
- Server and Networking (limited scope)
- Build trust and work closely with other project team contributors
- Manage multiple projects with defined end dates simultaneously
- Manage, control for changes to a given project mid-stream
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Proven work experience, related success in a project management capacity
- Time management and related resource/organization skills
- Fluent with MSFT 365/Office features and functionality (end-user)
- Excellent internal and client-facing communication abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- +2 years of experience providing technical support
- +2 years of experience with Windows
- +2 years of experience with networks
- +1 year of experience with Linux
- +1 year of experience with cloud-based solutions
- SQL experience desired
- General understanding of network infrastructure, including DMZ, Routers, Networks, Switches, and Firewalls
- Interest in pursuing certifications with Microsoft or Linux is desired
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- Full time position – regular office hours Monday to Friday, typically 8:00am to 5:00pm (aka, “core hours”) with flexibility on start & end times. Employee must be available during the core hours and will work over a continuous 9-hour timeframe day, with one-hour break for lunch