Supervisor Asset Management
Full Time | Buffalo, NY
The Asset Management Supervisor is responsible for assisting customers in all stages of delinquency as well as leading and developing a team of Asset Managers.
- Support department manager in day-to-day activities.
- Lead and develop staff members, manage work assignments and individual case loads and resolve complex issues that arise daily.
- Participate in various committees such as Problem Loans, Servicing Transfers, Legal Liaison Loan Issues and Collections & Loss Mitigation.
- Interact with borrowers in all stages of delinquency that need assistance.
- Develop and implement loss mitigation strategies for borrowers who want to keep their homes including repayment plans, deferments, forebearance agreements and loan modifications.
- Develop and implement loss mitigation strategies for borrowers wishing to relinquish their homes such a short sales and deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
- Manage a designated portfolio of borrowers on a monthly basis.
- Handle inquiries, perform research and resolve issues for internal and external customers.
- Run, review and distribute various reports to ensure that customer accounts are being serviced in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow-up with borrowers who need assistance with completion of Loss Mitigation questionnaire.
- Assist with the preparation of loan modification documents for borrowers.
- Work with borrowers to complete, sign and return permanent loan modification documents.
- Assist with determination of borrower property values.
- Business acumen
- Computer and Office Suite proficiency
- Technical capability to utilize office equipment
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer focused
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Problem solver
- Organization and time management
- 5+ years of loss mitigation experience in a residential loan servicing or default loan servicing department or a BS degree and prior office work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced technology skills including Excel
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve service and support
- Ability to be a team player by working closely with Servicing Manager and loan servicing staff
- Other: Preferred Education/Experience: Associates degree or higher