Full Time | Buffalo Or Chicago
The Staff Accountant supports the VP Financial Controls in handling of all accounts payable, receivables, disbursements, reconciliations, monthly reporting, audits, and financial reporting oversight for the company and its investors. The incumbent will ensure that procedures and practices promote safety and soundness to mitigate fraud or inaccurate reporting utilizing independent judgment and expertise to monitor and control expenses.
- Verifying and processing all invoices and expense reports submitted for payment.
- Field questions from staff about expense, billings, and payables.
- Maintain electronic, digital, and archival record of all account activity.
- Generate checks.
- Requests electronic ACH payments.
- Assist in the Preparation of month-end ledger reconciliation of accounts payable.
- Assist in the reconciliation of all accounts monthly and resolve all discrepancies.
- Assist with the review of financial reports to identify issues requiring attention of management.
- Follow internal controls to prevent theft, fraud or other losses.
- Insure that financial processes comply with regulations.
- Support audit requests of independent reviews and regulators.
- Business Acumen
- Math Competency
- Financial Accounting
- Ethical Conduct
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Data and Problem-Solving Analytics
- Organization and time management
- Computer Office Suite Proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1 to 4 years of experience in finance and/ or accounting
- Excellent skills in use of Excel, Quickbooks
- Detail oriented with strong data analysis and problem- solving skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Ability to stay very organized and follow a developed procedures