Servicing Specialist II
Full Time | Buffalo
The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for: providing excellent customer service through oral and written communication; maintaining detailed and accurate loan files; accurately processing loan payments and escrow disbursements; performing quality control reviews of new loans for onboarding; providing accurate data for service transfers and monitoring/managing loan servicing tracking items, including property owner's insurance and taxes.
- Support department manager in day to day activities.
- Interact with borrowers on customer service matters related to loan details, transfers of servicing, payoffs, releases, escrow analysis and other items as assigned.
- Process loan payments, loan maintenance and distribution for loans.
- Monitor/manage the coverage and payment of property owners’ insurance, taxes, private mortgage insurance and flood insurance
- Coordinates transmission of data to load to AHP Servicing.
- Organizes data by mapping fields into import format.
- Uploads data to servicing system.
- Validates data in file by performing Gap Analysis and Logic Testing
- Samples loan documents and compare with data in file.
- Scrubs files to assess contents and completeness
- Scans or transfers important documents from the file into servicing system.
- Work with third party vendors on matters related to transfer of service.
- Transmits data securely to facilitate portfolio sales.
- Extracts data from servicing system.
- Assembles and scrubs files to package for portfolio sale.
- Works on transfer of servicing with loans sold or otherwise released from servicing.
- Knowledge of loan servicing software/systems
- Computer and Office Suite proficiency
- Technical capability to utilize office equipment
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer focused
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Problem solver
- Organization and time management
- One - two years experience in Loan Servicing
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry or a closely related finance sector
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent technology skills and ability to use with Office Suite (including Excel and Access)
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve service and support
- Ability to be a team player by working closely with SVP and loan processing staff
- Other: Preferred Education/Experience: Associate degree with experience or Bachelor’s degree