Senior Compliance Analyst
Full Time | Chicago, IL/Remote
As a Sr. Compliance Analyst, you'll be providing the AHP Servicing’s Operations team with guidance in interpreting regulations and applying compliance policies and procedures. This role will primarily be focused on gathering data for routine reports, reviewing, analyzing and delivering to a leadership and legal. You may also advise senior management of any gaps or deficiencies in the compliance program and work together to address them. You'll assist the Chief Compliance Officer with periodic and ongoing testing of policies and procedures to identify any gaps or deficiencies in the compliance program and work together to resolve them.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct end-to-end planning and execution of key projects including but not limited to third party risk management, new program development, due diligence, risk assessments, etc.
- Lead preparation for key engagements and presentations for wide ranging audiences including but not limited to Board of Directors, Steering Committees, Oversight Boards, AHP leadership, etc.
- Assist in managing compliance programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery
- Collaborate on new initiatives to understand the regulatory impact, define compliance requirements, and establish appropriate compliance policies and key controls to facilitate successful launch
- Identify, assess, and advise on compliance risks and controls to stakeholders
- Provide general program management support in areas such as issues management, strategy buildout, complex cross-functional engagements, ad-hoc projects, etc.
- Develop, maintain and review policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal, legal and regulatory standards
- Assist in Monitoring the regulatory landscape closely, especially when there are new regulatory requirements or new product launches, and adequately prepare AHP for compliance
- Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging with business and technology partners to educate them on compliance concerns, understand business objectives, and contribute to product design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good technical writing, formatting, and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ability to prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of mortgage regulations and origination processes
- Basic knowledge working in MSP or other Mortgage Servicing systems
- 5+ years of experience with Compliance
- 2+ years of experience with Mortgage Servicing Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- Full time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday, typically 8:45 to 5:30 and weekend work may be required from time to time, with some flexibility on start and end times allowed. The employee must be available during the core hours and will work an 8:45- hour day, with a 45 unpaid Lunch breaks and a paid break