Full Time | Buffalo, NY
This person will record daily and monthly transactional activity while adhering to GAAP and American Homeowners Preservation (AHP) accounting policies that includes record preparation, research, and reporting related to, but not limited to, general ledger activities, month-end closing activities, reconciliation of accounts as directed, financial-related reports, schedules, and audits.
Primary Duties & Tasks
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger account reconciliations for all types of accounts, including accruals, prepaids, fixed assets and intangibles, to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger reliability.
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of monthly and quarterly state sales taxes.
- Assist with financial statement preparation for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including consolidations.
- Assist with the annual external audit.
- Participate in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Work with AR, AP, and other departments as needed to resolve issues.
- Improve accounting systems by creating useful suggestions and reports to management.
- Review accounts and financial records to discover discrepancies and errors.
- Oversee revenue-generating accounts (e.g. credit cards, loans, etc.).
- Monitor income and expenses in various companies/branches.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations such as Sarbox, SOX 404, etc.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- 3-5 years of general ledger accounting experience
- US GAAP knowledge is required.
- ERP system knowledge is required, preferably SAP.
- Advanced excel skills, including Vlookups and Pivot tables.
- Confident working independently and using initiative to guide through challenges.
- Team Player – able to assist members of the team with questions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Office environment; will be sitting, standing, walking, lifting, etc..
- Up to % domestic
- Full Time
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.