Loss Mitigation Representative
Full Time | Buffalo, NY
The Loss mitigation Representative is responsible for fielding in bound calls from the mortgage customer base as well as making out-reach calls to them to cure the delinquency of their account. Most of the day will be dedicated to assisting these customers via phone in becoming current with their mortgage payments. This is accomplished by offering various loss prevention plans which you will be trained on. On a personal level helping people and families keep their homes can be a very rewarding experience.
- Help maintain quality goals in the day-to-day activities relating to the mortgage call center.
- Interact with borrowers via inbound and outbound calls in all stages of delinquency that need assistance.
- Handle inbound call inquiries and resolve issues for our mortgage customers – some research will be required.
- Review and work various reports to ensure that customer accounts are being serviced in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow-up with borrowers who need assistance completing their Loss Mitigation questionnaire/application.
- Portfolio sizes and call requirements vary depending upon the type of assets which are assigned to you.
- Follow up with mortgage customers to complete sign and return permanent loan modification documents.
- Assist with determination of borrower property values.
- Assists in other Loss Mitigation Department functions including phone calls, loan payments, payoff quotes and information requests.
- Business acumen
- Computer and Office Suite proficiency
- Technical capability to utilize office equipment
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer focused
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Problem solver
- Organization and time management
- No experience to 2+ years of loss mitigation experience in a residential loan servicing or default loan servicing department or a BS degree and prior office work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced technology skills including Excel
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve service and support
- Ability to be a team player by working closely with Servicing Manager and loan servicing staff
- Other: Preferred Education/Experience: Associates degree or higher