Human Resources Generalist
Full Time | Chicago, IL
The HR Generalist supports senior HR Management on a broad range of responsibilities including maintaining employee records, preparing reports, benefits administration, recruitment, onboarding, performance management, and more. Assist with managing HR by developing and maintaining office and company policies, updating company handbooks, employee files, payroll, operations, discipline, recruiting, onboarding, orientation and training and other procedures, as necessary.
Primary Duties & Tasks
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, such as employee turnover rates
- Organize annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Assisting managers in taking appropriate disciplinary action with employees who violate rules and regulations and addressing employee grievances
Knowledge & Skills Required
- 3-5 years’ experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result’s driven approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Sociology or related field
- Office environment; will be sitting, standing, walking, lifting, etc..
- Full Time.
- $55 – 75K
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
I acknowledge that I have received this position description and understand that it is not a contract of employment. I am responsible for reading this job description and complying with all job duties, requirements, and responsibilities contained herein, and any subsequent revisions.