Escrow Specialist Assistant
Posted on 08/05/2019
AHP Servicing is a young, fast-paced, crowd funded financial services company located in Chicago’s vibrant Financial District. The Escrow Loan Specialist Assistant is a client facing role. We are seeking a candidate to become a member of our dynamic and growing loan servicing team. You'll be providing compassionate customer care focused on the following servicing areas:
- Support department manager in day to day activities.
- Interact with borrowers on customer escrow matters for taxes and insurance.
- Oversee third party vendor for insurance tracking and forced place insurance. Monitor performance and compliance
- Oversee third party vendor for tax monitoring and complete tax analysis for delinquent taxes to recommend whether to pay / redeem taxes.
- Complete annual escrow analyses for loan accounts.
- Run, review, and distribute various reports to ensure timely insurance setup, disbursements, cancellations and correspondence.
- Run, review, and distribute various reports to ensure property tax payments are made timely and accurately to avoid penalties. Follows-up with vendor for identified issues to ensure remediation.
- Handles inquiries and performs research for internal and external customers and resolves problems.
- Maintains an understanding of complex escrow accounts to effectively explain account details.
- Assists in other servicing department functions including phone calls, loan disbursements, payoff requests, and information requests.
- 2+ years escrow administration experience (insurance and taxes) in a residential loan servicing or default loan servicing department
- 2+ years experience completing escrow analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced technology skills including Excel
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve service and support
- Ability to be a team player by working closely with Servicing Manager and loan servicing staff
Other: Preferred Education/Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher