Customer Service Research Manager
Full Time | Buffalo
The Customer Service Research Manager is responsible for: Managing the staff to provide excellent customer service through oral and written communication; maintaining detailed and accurate records; performing quality control reviews of new loans for onboarding; providing accurate data for service transfers and monitoring/managing loan servicing tracking items, including Qualified Written Request Responses.
- Lead and develop staff members, manage work assignments and individual caseloads and resolve complex issues that arise daily.
- Create and implement department Policies and Procedures, including Job Aids for the staff to follow.
- Interact with borrowers on customer service matters related to loan details, transfers of servicing, payoffs, releases, escrow analysis and other items as assigned.
- Develop best in class practices to Research and resolve loan payments, loan maintenance and distributions for accuracy when disputed by the mortgagor or their representatives.
- Manage assigned research projects as directed by Senior Management. This will involve the review of both documents and system data ensuring the integrity of the data used to service the asset.
- Design a program to auto verify the data loaded to the Black Knight Servicing System (MSP). Including a manual process to review outliers identified.
- Manage a task tracking process of the receipt and responses to respond to customer inquiries within regulatory timelines.
- Scrubs files to assess contents and completeness.
- Review the backup data necessary to complete a response for a Qualify Written Request for information received from the customer or their representative. Including a draft response which is then completed by either management or legal counsel.
- Develop a working relationship with the various areas of servicing and provide support when applicable.
- Knowledge of loan servicing software/systems
- Computer and Office Suite proficiency
- Technical capability to utilize office equipment
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer focused
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Problem solver
- Organization and time management
- 6 or more years’ experience in Loan Servicing preferably with a customer facing role, and supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry or a closely related finance sector
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent technology skills and ability to use with Office Suite (including Excel and Access)
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve service and support
- Ability to be a team player by working closely with the SVP and loan processing staff.
- Other: Preferred Education/Experience: Associate degree or higher preferred