Content and Social Media Specialist
Full Time | Chicago, IL
A successful candidate will have a strong writing background, a dynamic personality, and experience publishing content for different audiences. This person can build and expand our presence on multiple social media channels, including LinkedIn, Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, and Reddit, with content ranging from AHP culture to client stories to financial news relevant to our mission. They will also research and write digital content for blogs, articles, and whitepapers to help educate the public about our story and our impact.
A Content and Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms, building an audience, and ensuring customer engagement. The Specialist research content and consumer trends, develop content strategies and create content for various businesses in both print and digital media. They work closely with design and marketing teams to ensure that the content is engaging and consistent across all media platforms, monitor site metrics, respond to reader comments, and oversee creative design.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the social media platforms for AHP brands
- Develop and monitor weekly/monthly social media content calendars
- Research and write digital content like blogs, articles, and landing pages
- Conduct online research or interview subject matter experts to gather information
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, editors, bloggers, and other content producers
- Craft proposals to secure financial support for foundations, non-profit agencies
- Develop and coordinate social media strategy to expand and engage our audience
- Help develop scripts for video production
- Attend events and produce live social media content
- Report on online reviews, feedback, and engagement trends
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends and brand mentions
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments promptly
- Track the performance of social media campaigns and create reports on key metrics
- Produce sharable content on all platforms, aligned with the unique demographics, text limits, and content styles of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Hybrid Schedule: In-office, Chicago Office, three days a week for collaboration, meetings, and presentations.
- This is essentially a sedentary role, with filing requirements that would entail the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bend, stand, and stoop. May be required to lift up to 15-pound boxes with office supplies and files.
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism a plus)
- 2 years of experience writing, editing, and publishing content
- 2 years’ experience in social media marketing
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- In-office position, the candidate will be working closely with our current marketing team
Other Eligibility Requirements
- 2 years of relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team
- Experience in the real estate industry or housing-related organization or agency
- An understanding of the regulatory and financial issues relevant to homeowners
- You’ve worked with journalists or foundations and understand the nuances of different stakeholders
- Full-time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday, typically 8:00 to 5:00, with flexibility on start and end times. The employee must be available during the core hours and work a 9- hour day, with one-hour breaks/lunch.
- AHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.